Thứ Năm, 10 tháng 4, 2008

Collocations

- By train (preposition + noun)

- On foot (= walking) (pre + noun)

- Good at (NOT good in) (adj + pre)
eg: some people are good at languages

- Tall man (NOT high man) (adj + noun)
eg: I saw a very tall man

- Have a party/ a meeting/ a competition/ a game(of foodball/ chess/ card)

- Have a shower/ a bath/ a swim/a sauna

- Have lunch/dinner/ breakfast/ a meal/ something to eat

- Have a lesson/ an exam/ homework/ an apointment(with the dentist)

- Have a cup of tea/ coffe/ a sandwich/ an ice-cream/ some cheese

- Have a look(=look at it): nhìn, ngắm
eg: Is that your camera? Can I have a look?

- Have a go(= ride it)
eg: Is that your bicycle? Can I have a go?

- Have a good journey!(= sb is going away)
eg: Goodbye! Have a good journey!

- Have a moment(= have some time)
eg: Do you have a moment?

- Have a word with you(= speak to you)
eg: Can I have a word with you?

- Have a good time(= fun;we enjoy them)
eg: We always have a good time in our English lesson.

- Have my hair cut
eg: I'm going to have my hair cut.

- Have the time
eg: I want to learn to ski but I don't have the time

- Have + got(speaking/informal) = Have(writing/formal)
eg: I've got three sister. Have you got any sister?

I've got a problem
I've got a cold/ a headache

- Have to do sth( = must to do sth)
eg: All students have to do the exam.
I haven't got a car, so I have to walk to school every day.

- At the moment

Không có nhận xét nào: